Monday, December 3, 2007

Putting up the Tree



Friday night we finally got around to putting up the tree. Matt brought it upstairs and left the decorating up to Carter and me. So in reality I was trying to decorate while Carter was taking all the "ball!" (s) off as soon as I was putting them up. Thankfully my sister Mikayla was coming over for dinner, so with two of us putting up ornaments we actually got it finished. Thankfully she is the queen of decorating for Christmas (at least on my side of the family), so it was nice to have another opinion of which ornaments should get 'cut' this year. I think it turned out really nice. I bought the bucket of red 80-ish unshatterable ornaments at Target this year because I was needing a little bit of a change after 5 years of the same thing (my other excuse was that Carter couldn't get cut if they broke since they aren't glass). Matt however, doesn't see why we couldn't have just used all the same ornaments that we used last year. :)

Matt has a light week at work this week so he should be home in time for lunch, then we are going to work on the basement. His goal is to get it ready for the carpet people by Christmas. It is a very attainable goal, seeing as though all we have to do is put one more coat of mud on the walls, sand, paint, and put up trim. I can't wait to get it done, for so many reasons. We are moving Carter to the room upstairs where the office is right now and moving the office downstairs to the newly remodeled area. I have been wanting to move Carter to a 'big bed' for about a month now, but can't buy a bed until we have the room for it. So hopefully we will be very productive today. ;)

1 comment:

One Crowded House said...

That is a pretty picture.... looks like the front of a Christmas card to me!