Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice Ice Baby



All day yesterday we were being warned that the ice storm that was over Oklahoma (I think) was going to hit Kansas City at 6pm, and it was going to be really bad. Well I know that it was bad in other states, but it is already melting here. It sure looks pretty for now though.

Carter has been sleeping in a big bed for 3 or 4 nights now and doing great. Actually it's still his crib, just without one of the side rails so it's kind of a day bed. He even asks to go "ni-ni" now. Yesterday I had 5 clients (I was supposed to have 2 more, but they ended up canceling because of the weather) and he did great all day so I didn't put him down for a nap until a little later. I was downstairs folding laundry and enjoying being done with 'work', and all of a sudden I heard a really loud thump. I ran upstairs thinking that Carter had gotten out of bed and climbed up on something and took a hard fall. I opened the door to his room.... there he was on the floor beside his bed still sleeping like a rock (no pun intended). I even picked him up and put him back in bed without him waking up! I guess I wasn't the only one worn out. :)

No comments: