Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Toddler Town



The weather has been typical January weather around here, so we haven't had any opportunities to get outside and play. So needless to say, Carter has been getting cabin fever and the trip to the grocery store or Target or the mall (just to get out of the house) wasn't cutting it any more. Thankfully my friend Jill called yesterday and wanted to know if we wanted to go to Toddler Town with her and Jessica. I had never heard of it, and neither of them had ever been there before, but I figured it couldn't be all bad. Right?


I think that the kiddos really enjoyed it. It was in a big gym and they had all kinds of stuff for kids to do, like two outdoor plastic forts with slides, a ball pit (which happened to be Carter's favorite), play kitchens and houses, tricycles, big foam blocks and great kid stuff like that. By the end of the time Carter was having fun just jumping off the edge of the pit into the balls. Tobin and Ryder (Jessica and Jill's boys) liked to try everything out, even though Jessica said that Tobin has half of the same kinds of toys at home.


I had a nice time talking to friends and not doing their hair at the same time. Not that I ever mind doing friends hair, it was just a nice change of pace. :) All three of us are pregnant again, so we were all sharing how uncertain we were about the change and adjustment we would soon be facing, going from one to two kids. I am sure, like it was with the first one, that you just adjust and you just have to try not to stress out too much. But right now it's just hard to picture what it will be like.


Hope you had a good hump-day. Sorry it has been a while since I posted last. I have been getting worse at procrastinating about everything. I will try not to let such a long time lapse between posts next time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea. I love all your little posts and pictures. Congrats on another boy btw. Can't believe how big the first one is already! Anyways glad to be in touch & see what's up with you these days!

Amanda Parker