

Since we took the side rail off of Carter's crib to make it into a "big boy bed", he has been doing great at night as far as staying in bed. Nap time, however is a whole other story! Usually I try to put him in his bed when he starts to act grumpy and exibit other varrious signs of tiredness. But almost every time, with the exception of when we are running errands and he falls asleep on the way home, I hear him playing and go in to check on him and this is what I find (see picture above if you didn't figure it out by now) :). I wouldn't mind so much except that he isn't just playing with his toys, he gets ALL his toys and books out and throws them in the corner behind his crib, and occationally if we don't have the wipes out of his reach he will take all those out (one by one) and add those to the mound. !!! I hope once we move him to his new room and move most of his toys to the basement or onto shelves, that he will get borred sooner and actually fall asleep during nap time!
On a side note, this update took a little longer to type (I have to keep hitting 'backspace' and correcting typo's) on account of me trying to slice my thumb off last night while I was getting dinner ready. I had opened a can of soup, I was making a KRAFT recipe of easy chicken cordon bleu, and like a dummy, was messing with the lid and sliced right through my left thumb.
***For those of you who get squimish mearly reading gorey details, I would advise you to stop reading this paragraph.*** I probably should have gone to the hospital for stiches or glue or something, but Matthew wasn't home yet and Carter was asleep. So I did the next best thing...say some not-very-nice words and apply direct pressure with a very absorbent paper towel for about 20min. or so til the bleeding stoped. And cleaned the blood off of the counters and floors of my kitchen. Then proceed to finish dinner one-handed.
Long story a little shorter. Dinner was delisious, my finger still hurts like poop, should probably go get a tetnus shot but probably won't, and am planning on heating up left-overs for dinner tonight. :)
Aren't you glad you know?
Moral of my night: keep sharp objects away from finger tips even if I have never been cut by them before.
Have a great day!!
On a side note, this update took a little longer to type (I have to keep hitting 'backspace' and correcting typo's) on account of me trying to slice my thumb off last night while I was getting dinner ready. I had opened a can of soup, I was making a KRAFT recipe of easy chicken cordon bleu, and like a dummy, was messing with the lid and sliced right through my left thumb.
***For those of you who get squimish mearly reading gorey details, I would advise you to stop reading this paragraph.*** I probably should have gone to the hospital for stiches or glue or something, but Matthew wasn't home yet and Carter was asleep. So I did the next best thing...say some not-very-nice words and apply direct pressure with a very absorbent paper towel for about 20min. or so til the bleeding stoped. And cleaned the blood off of the counters and floors of my kitchen. Then proceed to finish dinner one-handed.
Long story a little shorter. Dinner was delisious, my finger still hurts like poop, should probably go get a tetnus shot but probably won't, and am planning on heating up left-overs for dinner tonight. :)
Aren't you glad you know?
Moral of my night: keep sharp objects away from finger tips even if I have never been cut by them before.
Have a great day!!

1 comment:
Well- at least he will be smart from all of his reading during nap time! Reading books is Eli's favorite thing to do- in fact- yesterday- it was making me kind of bonkers- I think I only read like 50 million books..... He especially loves the lift a flap books.
I hope your finger is doing better and starting to heal up. I ripped off part of my finger nail this morning- way down below where it should tear- made me teary eyed- ouch!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment