

So I guess I have turned into a once-a-month blogger. Oh well right? Not much is really going on here. The basement is about as finished as it was 2 months ago (at least there is carpet, and Carter's new room still isn't ready. Although Matt was able to put the first coat of mud on the walls (to patch all the holes from everything that he had hung on them)last night and said that he could sand and put the last coat on tonight when he gets home. But he wants to paint it with a suede (which takes 3 times longer than just rolling on a couple coats of semi-gloss)so that pushes my deadline back even further. Not like I am working against a clock here or anything. I am trying to not really stress about it though.
The weather has been getting really nice here. We actually got to go to the park last week and got to garage sale on the weekend. Oh yeah. There was some drama over the weekend. Maybe it happened because there wasn't enough drama in my pregnancy so far...but whatever the reason, here's what happened. We were garage-sailing (Carter, me, my friend Jill and her son Ryder) and at a house that had a driveway that sloped down to the street. The boys were having a great time playing with the toys for sale and all of a sudden, I see Carter running down the driveway into the street (there were no cars coming fortunately)so I take off after him. As soon as I catch up to him I tried to stop, but my knee buckled underneath me (due to the extra L.B.'s that come along with being preggo) and we both fell face-first into the street. I fell mostly on my knees and elbow but did fall right on my stomach. Carter was just scared mostly. I knew the baby was fine (he was moving and what-not) but Jill was really concerned, so after we were done I called my Dr's office. They wanted to check me out at the hospital so I went in. They took some blood and monitored the baby for about an hour, then confirmed what I already knew, no problems. So...now you know.
On a less dramatic note, a few of my friends threw me a 'non baby shower, Girls night in' party. We just sat around in p.j.'s, ate and chatted. It was nice and relaxing. I also got to see one of my friends that lives out of town that I don't get to see very often. So Thanks Girls for the great weekend!!!
Well I am off to the post office and the bank and if Carter isn't overly grumpy when we are done, we might go to the park. Yeah!!

3 comments:
I hope you aren't feeling banged up from your little tumble... I am glad you and both boys are ok.... who knew that garage sales could be hazardous???
yea! i checked your blog and you had posted something new! :-)
glad to hear things are going well with the pregnancy. sorry i couldn't make it to your girl's night.... ben was out of town so i had the kids. hope you had fun! how long until baby comes? we'll have to get together sometime!
Excuse me, um HI...I'm ready for some new pictures of the boys' rooms and furniture...thank you very much!
Post a Comment