Monday, May 12, 2008

Carter's new bed




Yay!!! Carter is finally in his new room! Well actually he has been for a few weeks now, but I can't ever make myself sit down and update this stinkin' blog. So we will just pretend it just happened yesterday. ;)
I kept looking on Craig's list for a bed and every time I would find one that we both liked, it had just been spoken for. So then we looked at a furniture store and didn't see anything we liked, so Matt just decided one night to make it. I knew he could make anything, but I wasn't about to ask him to knowing how many hours he usually works. So I'm really glad it was his idea. :)
As you can see, it is beautiful (and sturdy)and it only took him 3 or 4 evenings of working on it to get it done. He now thinks he wants to make furniture when he retires. So put your requests in now if you want to be on the list.
We don't really have any of the other things up on his wall yet, but at this point I am not really worried about it. All I really cared about was getting all his stuff in there so I could get all the baby stuff out.

I started packing for the hospital this week, but I can't afford to actually step through the doors until after midnight on Thursday morning. God has been giving me some reassurance though that He is in control and I just need to stop worrying about it. One of the major things is that the 2nd week I was checked, there was a big jump on how I was progressing (from 0% effaced to 70%). But...the 3rd week there was virtually no change from the week before! So I go in tomorrow for another appointment and hopefully they will say "he will probably come on Thursday". (wishful thinking)

I have stopped doing hair for now though (which I know is helping me not go into labor early) which I am enjoying except for having to tell people 'no' when they call for an appointment. I really am a people pleaser and it kills me to have to disappoint people, but I know that they all understand.

Matthew has been really good at helping around the house (I think he is more worried than I am that I will go early), he has done all the vacuuming and taking out the trash and even cleaned out the guest and storage rooms! Yay!
ok. I'm sure you have had enough of listening to me brag about what a great husband I have, and you are getting a little jealous. So I will stop writing now and get some other things done on my pre-baby 'to do' list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome bed!! Now that I have a password I can remember - I can comment! :) But right now - I'm just waiting for that exciting phone call! Hope you're doing well and enjoying the anticipation! Love you, Mom B