Monday, October 22, 2007

We have adopted!



Ok, So really it adopted us. All last week we have been having this cat hanging out on our deck and sleeping on my lounge chair. I kept thinking that it would get bored and go home eventually if we didn't pay any attention to it. But after a week, I started feeling sorry for it and gave it some cream that I had in the fridge. (I assumed that cats in real life liked that, not just cartoons) I have never had a cat before, and planed on not ever having one due to the fact that Matt is allergic to them. Then this weekend I looked outside and Matt was sitting on the deck holding it! It only lasted about 5 minutes or so, then his eyes started watering and itching, but that's when I decided that we were keeping it. (I don't know if it is a boy or girl). Matt went out and bought some cat food so I suppose it will stick around now. The only stipulation that Matt said was that it couldn't come inside. I can live with that, we already have an indoor weimaraner,who needs more hair to sweep up?! We will be taking suggestions on names and let you know.

1 comment:

The Borlase Bunch said...

Congratulations on your new member of the family. I actually think it will help Carter not to have cat allergies if he is around them. I had a friend who was very allergic to cats when she was little- and now as an adult, she has two and they don't bother her at all.

If it's a boy- I love the name Gus.... don't ask me why- but we were deciding between that and Finnegan (for our dog).

Matt named a dog (cocker spaniel) he got for his mom, Baby Cakes maybe he could think of another really great name like that again. Ok, I can't remember if Kathy or Matt named the dog- but it was a goofy name!