Thursday, July 17, 2008

the cabin









We got to go to the cabin last week for 10 days. It was vacation for me and work for Matthew. He was remodeling the bathroom there almost the whole time. I did help grout though (which gave me a whole new appreciation for Caleb-matt's helper) and I have the blisters on my hands to prove it!

My husband is such an amazing man. He totally gutted the bathroom and re-designed the layout of it. There used to be a window where the moose now is, a toilet where the shower is and a tiny, nasty shower insert where the toilet is now. He made/designed the counter for the sink and after all that creative work, he still had the creativity to tile it all! I don't know how he does it!

Matt's mom got to 'come to visit' on both weekends while we were there and his sister and nephew came for a day in the middle of the week. I don't know exactly which day because the days kinda run together when you don't leave the cabin for several days. It was a nice time to spend together as a family and for Carter to be daddy's helper. I loved being able to be on the same job as Matt (even if it I was on the couch). ;)

Cooper is getting very big very fast (compared to how Carter was). He decided to go ahead and roll over despite the fact that he was only 6 weeks old. I don't think he really knows what he is doing, but he has done it a handful of times already. He has started to laugh and smile at people when they hold him which is the cutest thing in the world.

Well, we are going camping this weekend with my family and I am sure I will have more pictures from that. The trick will be to actually post them sometime this year! ;)

2 comments:

erin said...

wow... the cabin looks great!
i can't believe how big Cooper is! he's so cute! i still need to come see you sometime and bring you dinner. glad to hear you're all doing well!

One Crowded House said...

great job Matt and Breanna!!! It looks really cool!