Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Already a quarter of a century?!?!

Yesterday was my 25th birthday. Am I supposed to feel older or something?
I had a really good day except for my morning. Carter decided he was so excited that it was my birthday that he would get up at 6am (instead of his usual 9am) and run around the house like a kid on speed. So needless to say, we took a good nap later that morning. I did get to go to the gym and then go swimming that afternoon with C which was nice and relaxing since we were the only people there. That evening Matthew took me to a really nice restaurant which had an incredible flan and view of the bluffs with the city in the background.
I did get an early glimpse of how Matthew will be when we are old... SO he broke his pinky toe at work that afternoon and could barely get his dress shoe on to walk in the building. (for the record, I did offer to cancel dinner and do it another night) Well we had to walk up a beautiful spiral staircase with no elevator in sight. The whole way up the stairs he kept saying, "I'm gonna shut this place down. This is ridiculous!!!". Then when we got to the top where the hostess table was, he said gruffly "Don't you have an elevator in this place?!".
So even with the preview of 'grumpy old man', I had a great birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 25th Birthday, Breanna. You are an incredible, 25 year old and an awesome daughter. I love you.

The Borlase Bunch said...

Breanna- this is hilarious! I can picture Matt grumping all the way up the stairs :)

I miss hanging out with you- and cuddling you :)